Joseph D. Rocco | Partner
Joseph D. Rocco is a commercial real estate transactional and land use lawyer.
As a commercial real estate & land use attorney, Mr. Rocco previously was in-house counsel for O’Neill Properties Group in King of Prussia, PA.
Prior to serving as in-house counsel for O’Neill Properties Group, Mr. Rocco was an attorney in the Real Estate Department at Pepper Hamilton, LLP (AmLaw 100) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Mr Rocco has over twenty recommendations from clients, colleagues and adversaries on Linkedin (See: www.linkedin.com/in/josephrocco).
Mr. Rocco received his law degree from Villanova University School of Law and holds a BS in Accountancy from Villanova University. He is admitted to practice law in New York, New Jersey & Pennsylvania. He is the former Planning Board Attorney for Monroe Township, New Jersey (Gloucester County).
Mr. Rocco has represented the following:
- A publicly traded REIT based in Chicago in connection with a successful lease negotiation with Amazon for over 1.2 Million Square Feet of warehouse space to be used for an Amazon distribution facility.
- A real estate operating firm in connection with a portfolio acquisition of 14 office and flex properties totaling over 700,000 SF from the publicly traded REIT Liberty Property Trust LPT (NYSE).
- A regional developer in connection with the redevelopment, financing and leasing of a 200,000 square foot warehouse in Philadelphia, PA (previously the Destination Maternity headquarters) which now houses Yards Brewery (and tasting room), Target and the City of Philadelphia Archives.
- A redeveloper in connection with the redevelopment of the former Bancroft site in Haddonfield NJ including negotiation of the redevelopment agreement and PILOT agreement with Haddonfield Borough.
- A boutique real estate operating company in connection with a joint venture with a Blackstone (NYSE:BX) subsidiary regarding the recapitalization of a office portfolio consisting of 6 assets and over 1,500,000 SF.
- A Pennsylvania landlord in connection with leasing an entire 78,000 square-foot building to act as a fully-occupied headquarters for a Fortune 15 pharmaceutical company which is the single largest revenue generating company in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- A national drug & alcohol rehabilitation company in connection with the acquisition, development, leasing and zoning approvals of multiple recovery facilities on the east coast.
- A real estate holding company in connection with the leasing of over 1,500,000 square feet of office space.
- An operating partner in connection with real estate joint venture agreements with institutional and nationally recognized equity investors related to over a dozen retail and multi-family projects in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Many real estate joint ventures in connection with the restructuring and recapitalization of hundreds of millions of dollars of debt and equity.
- A real estate development company in connection with construction loan financing in excess of 150 Million Dollars for over 1000 multi-family apartment units in Pennsylvania
- A real estate developer in connection with the restructuring of over 400 Million Dollars worth of senior and subordinated debt held by institutional lenders, private equity funds and hedge funds.
- An opportunistic investor in connection with the purchase of non-performing debt sold at a discount by institutional lenders & note holders which totaled more than 200 Million Dollars (unpaid principle balance).
- An investor in connection with the purchase and long-term leaseback of a 480,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Atlantic County, New Jersey.
- The nation’s largest discount “big box” retailer in connection with several dozen shopping center leases as the anchor tenant.
- A national retailer in connection with their acquisition and leasing of sites as well as the expansion and relocation of existing retail locations. This work includes the negotiation of related development agreements as well as agreements for easements, covenants and restrictions.
- Developers and landowners before New Jersey Planning and Zoning boards in connection with land use approvals for commercial and residential real property development.
- An international freight and transportation company in connection with the leasing and subleasing of 12 warehouse locations world-wide.
- One of the world’s leading healthcare providers in connection with the leasing of 23 locations nationwide.
- 2 regional law firms in connection with headquarters and satellite office leases.
- An entrepreneurial developer in connection with the acquisition, financing, development and leasing of over a dozen shopping centers.
- A privately held real estate firm based out of NJ in connection with acquiring, financing, leasing, and selling of over a dozen office and industrial properties.
- A regional private equity real estate fund manager in connection with their acquisition, development, financing (construction and permanent) and sale of millions of square feet of office space, industrial and warehouse space as well as multi-family projects.
- A major private real estate developer in the development, leasing, sale and financing of a 2.5 million to 3 million square-foot mixed-use development (commercial, office, big box retail and pad site retail)